Tuesday, September 9, 2014

a is for apple


I've been attempting to do a home school preschool type thing with my boys. Thanks to Super Why, they already know all the letters, but we've been working on the sounds they make. I searched pinterest and found a lot of letter of the week ideas and did my own version on a couple of them. {this was one of my favorites http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/56908/how-to-homeschool-preschool}







Honestly, when it comes to little crafty projects like this I don't want to spend a lot of money. So that's where the dollar store comes in. I got a thing of construction paper and some glue sticks. I cut out the shapes for the tree and the apples and then a lower case a with some seeds, stems, and leaves. This was our first experience with glue sticks and {with a lot of help from mommy} the boys did really good with it.
For the capital A I just found one online and traced it off my monitor- very lightly- with a pencil and then went over it with a marker. Then I just cut some strips out of construction paper and let them glue them on where they wanted. {Owen is pretty OCD so you can tell which one is his...and I'm not sure how well Conner was grasping the concept but he had fun!}

For the rest of the week we just kept talking about different words that start with A. We also have been using abcmouse.com and my boys have been having a lot of fun with it! 


 This is just one of the things that I keep in their activity box that I pull out every once in awhile. I tape Glad Press n' Seal to the window {with the sticky side out} and then cut some strips out of tissue paper. It's cheap and easy and keeps them entertained for about 30 minutes.

I seriously love the dollar store and the dollar section at Target. I can usually find a lot of coloring books and different kinds of pre-k workbooks. With those Owen has been working on tracing letters, numbers and shapes. 
So fun to watch them learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment