Friday, August 22, 2014

it's been awhile...

Losing weight is hard. And sometimes it really sucks. Especially when you get stuck in a rut and the pounds aren't coming off as fast as you want them to. It's hard to stick to a diet and it's easy to lose your motivation to exercise. That's about the time that I scroll through all my before pictures that I have on my computer. Or try on those size 18 jeans that I still have in the back of my closet just to see how big they are. I love seeing how far I have come and it gives me the motivation I need to keep going.
I'm not really doing a diet anymore, just watching what I eat. It's a lot easier now to make healthy choices than it was when I first started. That's another reason why I love the way I did this whole weight loss thing. It took a really long time. But it wasn't an easy, quick fix. I changed my lifestyle. And the weight has stayed off. I love eating healthy and I love working out.
I'm still about 20 pounds away from what "they" say is my "ideal weight" for my height and body type. But I'm focusing more now on how I feel about myself than those little numbers on the scale.
In just a few weeks it will be two years since I first decided to start running. It's taken a lot longer than I thought it would. But I am still so glad I started when I did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment