Friday, May 18, 2012

Conner's heart

We met with the surgeon a few weeks ago and he explained more about what was going to happen and what we could expect after the surgery. We got to take a tour of the hospital too. Lot of mixed emotions going on when I saw where we'll be waiting while he's in surgery and where he's going to stay after. It definitely made me feel more comfortable, but it also made me a bit more nervous. It clicked just a little bit more that this is actually going to happen.

We scheduled the surgery for June 20th, but we had an appointment with the cardiologist today and he said he would feel more comfortable if we did it sooner. He said Conner's not in any immediate danger, and he would be okay waiting till the 20th, but it will be better for Conner, and us, if he gets it done sooner. Again with the mixed emotions...I'm nervous about him having surgery, but I'm excited for him to get better. Both his cardiologist and the surgeon said we're probably going to be surprised at how fast he puts on weight after the surgery. I'm excited for him to not have to struggle so much to breath and eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment