Tuesday, March 11, 2014

why i did it...weight loss part 2

One of the major points that I want to get across here is that, in my opinion, the most important thing is how we feel abut ourselves. That is the main reason why I decided that I wanted to get healthy...I didn't feel good about myself. I didn't have the energy to take care of my boys. I never wanted to go anywhere. I was extremely irritable. I wasn't happy with myself. 

I would log on to pinterest and scroll through the health and fitness section, and just say to myself "one day I'm gonna do it." I was looking for a quick fix though. I would see something like 'how to lose five pounds a month' and I wouldn't read anything else about it cause I wanted to lose more than that. So I kept looking for a quick fix...

What finally did it for me was deciding that I wanted to run a 5K. 

As a mom, I very rarely have time to do something for myself. My world tends to revolve around my kids. But I realized that not taking time for myself, and doing something just for me, was keeping me from being a better mom. I had always wanted to run a marathon, but it just seemed so far fetched that I never really did more than occasionally think about it. But one day I downloaded a couch to 5K app on my phone. The next day I loaded up the kids and the stroller and drove to an old high school football stadium and walked/slogged around the track. 

After a few weeks I started to notice a huge difference. I had so much more energy. I was more patient with my kids. I started eating better {because I wanted to and not because I felt like I had to.} I just felt happier. 

The whole running thing really sucked at first. But finally feeling good about myself again was all the motivation I needed to keep going. 



No comments:

Post a Comment